doorways, folding chairs & seat belts

I have a recurring nightmare that I'll go somewhere and not be able to fit through the door way.

I think maybe this fear comes from my first experience in an airplane bathroom... in which I felt like a sumo wrestler in a Strawberry Shortcake house.

During this horrific occasion I was also changing the diaper of a screaming infant (on a "changing table" the size of a kleenex) who didn't know me from Adam and was clearly wishing death upon me.

She nearly got her wish.

Aaaaaanyway, narrow doorways.

They freak me out.

I also worry that every folding chair is going to cave under me and every seat belt is not going to fit across me.

Anyone else share my weirdly weight induced fears?

 

pic source

7 comments:

  1. so i was told about this blog and didn't know if you are already a fan...http://charlottesiems.com/ The lady lost 100 lbs and has kept if off for years. she is a mom of 12, writes about all kinds of womanly things but at the top she has a whole section on weight loss stuff. reminded me of you. :)

    keep going! it's worth it friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cari! I'll go check it out!! :) :)

      Delete
  2. I dont know if this counts, but I'm always parnoid about breaking things. Chairs, footstools, etc. I even get an uneasy feeling when I climb into a tanning bed and hear the creaking noise from the acrylics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I'm not alone in my weirdness! ;) :)

      Delete
  3. I worry about plastic lawn chairs, folding metal chairs, airplane seatbelts, and I'm pretty sure my weight popped my bike tire last summer! You are certainly NOT alone in your fears! I'm a new follower from Blog to Lose. I'd love it if you could stop by my blog!

    http://skinny-bean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Jill! I did visit your blog and I'll be back! :)

      Delete
  4. A chair with a smaller seat may not be as comfortable as a longer one but may be a necessity due to space constraints. A padded chair with a shorter seat may be a better choice over a metal or wooden one, especially if you are going to be seated for long periods of time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are SO ENCOURAGING!! Thank you!