food intake

I realized I haven't been posting many food journal entries - mostly because I figure it'll bore the socks off you - but it does keep me accountable. So far I haven't "broken" my healthy eating plan at all... which I'm so thankful for! Here's yesterday:

  • breakfast: 1 homemade whole wheat toast/ peanut butter/  natural jam
  • snack: homemade carrot juice
  • lunch: salad & boiled egg
  • snack: slimfast shake w/ banana
  • supper: curry chicken, peas, 1 wheat chapati
  • snack: 1 (100 calorie) hostess snack pack

I drink water almost constantly throughout the day every day. Also I've exercised for at least 20 minutes 8 of the past 11 days that I've been on this journey to health. (so much easier to say "diet", but I'm trying to shake that mentality!)

I feel pretty good about the balance of protein, whole grains, fiber, healthy oils, fruit and vegetables I've been eating overall. The only thing I do want to 'eventually' eliminate is the slimfast and artificially sweetened treats. But for the moment they are helping!

I have lost more weight - (yes, I've been peaking at the scale!) - but I won't report it until my weekly weigh in on Friday. :)

[photo source]

5 comments:

  1. I saw this recipe today and for some reason I thought of you. I am going to make it this week. You may hate it - but I thought I would send it your way!

    Quinoa Cowboy Caviar
    http://blog.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/2011/09/08/whats-gaby-cooking-brown-bag-challenge/?soc=tw

    You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, that was so sweet of you! Would you believe I've never actually cooked with 'quinoa'? Looks interesting! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. omg! that squirrel is positively a cute little chunk!! (that IS a squirrel, right?!) LOL

    can't wait to hear your weigh in weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he cute!? Thanks for the comment, Trisha!

      Delete
  3. Not sure how I missed TWO posts! This is awesome. I'm a total scale freak. I admit I have a sickness. I weight every morning and every night. I know...STUPID to do. Can't wait to hear your new weight loss!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are SO ENCOURAGING!! Thank you!