time to bump it up

So I've been thinking. Like I said before, I've been doing the SAME THING for the past 4 weeks, and yet this 4th week I haven't lost anything, and even GAINED a pound.

But maybe that's the key. I've been doing the SAME THING. Eating the same healthy foods... drinking the same amount of water... and exercising at about the same intensity and amount of time.

And maybe that last one is the problem.

When I started out the 1st week, 10-15 minutes on the treadmill was enough to exhaust me, but now 20 minutes is fairly comfortable.

I think I need to really increase the intensity as well as the duration of my exercise.

According to this chart, I've probably been working out at around 6.

This week I'm gonna try adding 5-10 minutes and bumping up the intensity to more like 7-8.

{photo source}

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Do some research for HIIT (high intensity interval training). I do it for just 20 minutes and it is a KILLER workout. Here's an article that describes it (toward the middle)...

    http://www.allthingsformom.com/let_s_get_healthy_mom_motherhood_exercise_can_co_exist_new_research_gives_us_hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW - good for you for keeping at it despite the plateau!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog. Keep up the good work. I found that when my weight loss got stuck, I had to shake up my meals and exercise a little. Even just walking the opposite direction, i.e for me going uphill instead of downhill, helped. Check out my blog http:://gogoggygo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Katrin. I really appreciate it! Yes, I've been mixing it up, too. Hopefully tricking my body into losing weight! ;)

      Delete

Comments are SO ENCOURAGING!! Thank you!